Superwoman

by - 12:30 AM

"Anyone could pick me up, my bleeding knees,
but no one could heal the wound with just a kiss..."


Sometimes, I would still come up to you with a comb and a ponytail, so you could braid my hair. When I was in college, I never took the initiative to enroll by myself. Whenever I fell sick, my classmates called you up and you rushed to the school. There were days during high school when you came with me and waited until my last class. You spoon-fed me for breakfast until sixth grade. You made hot water for my bath until fourth year college.


I was and still is doing it all for you.


I've always known, that one day, I would grow up, and I pretend that I can't do things on my own.


Thank you because you always held me up; because you have filled my imagination with so much color as a child; because you were always present in my every victory; because you have cried and laughed with me; because you have walked on lazy afternoons with me; because you believed in me and in the things that I do; and because I know, that even though I am not the best daughter in the world, you would never exchange me for someone else.


I am proud of you. You are the best mom in the whole world, and an even greater person. There is no greater dream for me than to one day be like you.


I love you, unconditionally.


Happy Mother's Day, Mama!

You May Also Like

0 comments